Slides and Videos from the sold out Spark Summit held in San Francisco earlier this month are now posted. AMPLab was (as you’d expect) strongly represented, including two keynotes:
- “What’s Next for BDAS?” by Michael Franklin
- “Spark meets Genomics: Helping Fight the Big C with the Big D” by Dave Patterson.
There were also a number of talks by current AMPLab members:
- SparkR: Interactive R programs at Scale by Shivaram Venkataraman and Zongheng Yang
- Scalable Distributed Decision Trees in Spark MLLib by Evan Sparks, Ameet Talwalkar and colleagues
- Tachyon: Further Improve Spark’s Performance by Haoyuan LI
- ADAM: Fast, Scalable Genomic Analysis by Frank Austin Nothaft
- Model Search at Scale by Evan Sparks
As well as numerous presentations by AMPLab Alumni, friends and co-directors. If you had any doubts about the impact Spark and BDAS are having on the Big Data ecosystem you can check out all the talks on this page.